UV Gullas College of Medicine is fully recognized by NMC (MCI), WHO, FAIMER, IMED, ECFMG, US education department, General Council of Medicine of great Britain, Medical Council of California, Medical Council of Thailand and the Medical Council of Canada.
NO! There is no donation or capitation fee of any kind in UV Gullas College of Medicine. Students need to pay only the nominal tuition fee.
Students should Secure 50% in physics, chemistry, biology or botany and zoology in their 12th grade and should have Qualified NEET so that they are eligible to pursue MBBS in Philippines, so they can come back and practice in India. Those who haven’t Qualified NEET , there is still hope as they can start off with the medical education without wasting a year in NEET REPEAT or the Repeaters batch again.
Class 10th and Class 12th mark sheet photocopies, NEET Mark sheet copy and the Aadhar card copy are required to start the admission processing. During the admission process, proof of income of parents or guardian, passport, and other documents will be needed.
There are no age requirements set by the medical university for admission. Philippines Embassy gives Student Visa only for students who are 18 years of age. If you are 17 years old, you can get Special Study Permit(SSP) which is valid for 6 months. After 6 months, if you have not crossed 18 years, you have option to renew SSP till you become eligible for Student Visa. Click to find more details on Philippines student visa.
The total duration of this Doctor of Medicine (MD) course is 5.5 years. The first 12 months focuses on building foundation for a strong medical education and is called the Bachelor of Science program. Subsequent, 4.5 years contains the medical theory and the practical side of it covered through skills labs, clinical rotation, cadaver training etc. Click here to know UV Gullas College of Medicine Fees Structure
Yes! There is no difference between M.D Degree and MBBS degree. However, from this year onwards, the NMC (National Medical Commission) has decided to conduct a comprehensive test called NEXT – National Exit Test for students who have done MBBS from India or Abroad. As per the new regulation, passing the test makes one eligible to practice within the country. This has being implemented to prevent Quackery which has been on a on a rise for the past decade.
You should also know that Indian students from UV Gullas College of Medicine have showed extremely high success rate in the NMC screening test over the years!
Yes! As a general practice, students who study medicine abroad should pass screening test conducted by National Medical Commission to join higher studies in Indian medical colleges. But that has never been a worry for alumni of UV Gullas College of Medicine, because they have one of the highest success rates in passing FMGE with flying colors.
- English is the medium of education. Philippines is the 3rd largest English speaking country in the world. So English is spoken widely across the country. It’ll be a smooth transition for students from Asian countries especially India, in both classrooms and for living in the city. That is why past Indian students of UV Gullas College of medicine feel home at Philippines. Whereas to study MBBS in other countries like Russia, Germany and Japan, you need to learn their native languages.
- Cost of living: the Philippines is one of the 5 Cost-effective countries to live in the world, the cost of living is more affordable for Indian students than any other countries compared to the quality of education provided at UV Gullas.
- Same Tropical weather conditions: Philippines is a subtropical country with weather conditions almost similar to India. So, it helps the students to adapt easily for a living and also to get used to practicing medicine in a country similar to India, with similar weather and geographical patterns, unlike the other cold European countries where everything is Entirely different.
- American education system: The Philippines follows the American education Syllabus, students can crack the USMLE easily. Students from UV Gullas is recognized all over the world as quality healthcare practitioners.
- Same disease pattern: As the Philippines has similar weather conditions like in India, the disease patterns are almost the same. It helps Indian students to have a smooth transition when they come back to practice medicine in India.
On-campus hostel accommodation for international students is available at UV Gullas College of Medicine. Excellent hostel facilities with rooms that have attached bathrooms, with single, double or triple beds are available at UV Gullas. Both Air-conditioned and non-air conditioned rooms are available as per the choice of the students. Separate Hostel for Boys and Girls.
Separate accommodation for Indian students available with Indian counselors, caretakers and Indian food are made available at UV Gullas as more Indian students have opted for our institution lately because of various advantages as cited here by Indian student community themselves.
Yes! There is a separate hostel facility for girl students. Safety and comforts of our girl students are ensured by our management. This has led to the trust of a number of Indian female students on UV Gullas over the years.
Philippines is famous for its cuisine and an entire range of delicacies.
At UV Gullas College of Medicine, Indian food is available for Indian students. The menu is customized and made specially for Indian students so that they feel at home and are able to focus more on their studies without missing their motherland.